Monday, September 18, 2006

Reentrée

Last Saturday we had a reentrée party at Sandra and Paulo's apartment. It was delicious (not only the food, but the night itself). We lingered until around 6 am, which proves me right! We played a few games of logical thinking, where the people who didn't know the rules struggled to understand us, the illuminati :)
We then played a mimics game, guys against girls. Trying to determine films titles, both in English and Portuguese! Complicated venture, I'm telling you! But we all guessed, impressively!
We passed on to Trivial Pursuit. Of course the girls won :) I was still unconvinced about the Jacquard question: "What weaving machine did Mr Jacquard invent"? My automatic answer was the mechanical loom which, according to clever Trivial, it was wrong. It was supposed to be simply the loom. Right, I thought, I'm gonna set this straight. And I got the answer I was looking for.


We finished off by trying to strike a diva look, but only me and Susana got near :) - I'm trying to include here this pic, but blogger doesn't allow me, I guess we shine too much! I'll keep trying!

We were sorry for Filipa who had to leave us quite early to attend and rescue from the police one of her patients...

Kisses to everyone and let's recuperate for the next one, at Sofia's place, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girls, you won Trivial because guys are true gentlemen..
P.S: I'm still thinking about that "Monday Morning" movie!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ana ;-) Verdad!!! Foi um serão do melhor! A mix perfeita: caipirinhas, bacalhau (haha!), boas energias, boa disposição, muitos sorrisos e o principal... Vocês claro!!! Os magníficos anfitriões de Sábado elevaram mto o nível, vai ser dificil agora p mim no dia 30... hehe... Mas a vontade de vos receber é tanta que até me vai sair a veia culinária =D Enorme beijinho e uma óptima semana! ps- grandes pics! Sem dúvida deves ser eleita como a nossa reporter ;-)