Monday, November 06, 2006

All in a day's work!


Murphy's law is a bummer! While my colleague is out on vacations for what seems an eternity (hey Ali, enjoy, I'm not complaining!!!), I'm his backup which means I do all my work and all of his. For the first 2 days, I was also backing other colleague... I was selling packages, magazines and wallpaper all juggled at once! Crazy days!

Now, today one of the delivery trucks (Ali's paper!) had an accident or close to one and all the paper it was carrying to the printers got unbalanced on its pallets, which means a severe loss, as the client couldn't even grab the things, for gravity unbalances... Needless to say that the customer wanted the paper today and I had to turn the whole office and mill upside down trying to find a replacement for 18 tons of Allegro Gloss! Tomorrow I will still be on it, that's for sure!

Then, another of Ali's customers is all annoyed we are delivering a truck a day, as he instructed us to do. Couldn't stop another truck being delivered today and another tomorrow! I will have a 3 page email tomorrow, at the pace this is going with these guys!

In the midst of all this, there are my clients with their own existencial doubts! Enquiring, complaining, demanding, asking... In the space of 1 minute I had 2 phone calls asking for my fax number: that usually means either orders or complaints. Well, I had both.

All in all, it was a busy crappy monday... arrived home and relaxed by cooking some chicken and vegetables in the oven, the roasting smell made me forget my day :) And roasted also some chestnuts! Perfect working girl!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're too good for that job.
Mereces melhor!

D

Anonymous said...

também acho.
Procura que vais encontrar
V

Izi said...

Muito obrigada pelos comentários, hoje está a ser um daqueles dias inesquecíveis de problemas!!! Hoje é mais dos meus queridos clientes, mas igualmente chatos à sua maneira mais gentil, no entanto :)

Procurarei, logo que tenha um tempinho :) Com a maré de sorte que acompanha quem anda agora à procura de emprego, julgo que não será tão difícil assim!

Beijinhos aos dois!!!