Monday, October 30, 2006

Hugs, in chinese

How could I not write about China again? It's just so peculiar, I can't resist passing on the news...
The latest offbeat piece of info is that there is a 'free hug' campaign going on in China, where participants are ready to open up their arms to hug passers-by in a Westernised attempt to embrace a new cultural gesture. Cards with the sayings 'free hugs', 'refuse to be apathetic' and 'care from strangers' were shown on the streets of Beijing and other major cities. Pedro, now you know what it is going on, in case you are caught by a maniac offering his/her open arms!

1 comment:

Izi said...

Pedro, I told you something was weird about those girls...the ones I've seen were not offering 'free hugs' though...I guess they were more into a 'expensive hug' campaign, if you know what I mean :)