Friday, March 02, 2007

Barcelonaaaaa!

Hello,

well, it seems that it's not only me who spends little time lately devoted to their blogs and totally abandon their purpose of relating thoughts and events to the blogosphere...

I have a few excuses, as I always try to demonstrate, therefore I'm going to use one more again and that is plenty of work. Have I use this one already? Well, I guess I did and it only shows I'm a very busy girl.

But enough of excuses and let's go to what matters: my trip to Barcelona. The weather was sunny and warm. Got straight from the airport to the Fair and started acting like a saleswoman: smiling at passersby, offering candies, asking if curious people needed help explaining our different papers and their uses, etc etc... It was ok. The best thing there was this:

This was a Formula One simulator that our competitors from Portugal (who's cool?) brought to captivate attention, and oh boy, did they get it! Everyone was queueing to get a race out of that cool thing. The guys, after I introduced myself as one of their suppliers (on other area) didn't want me to leave without trying it, which I did the next day, as I was already wearing less formal clothes (my first day dress would make it impossible for me to even get into that little cabin, to start with).

Everyone was really nice there, as we were all on the same boat - having to stay there and try to sell. On Sunday, me and a colleague went for a look around and brought plenty of beautiful posters to plaster a whole house...They were giving them away and many were done with our paper, so we had a point. The printers from where they were coming out were so big, they occupied a different pavillion altogether.

Enough of Fair and work. On Saturday night met my friend and other Portuguese people and went out for dinner where some of the guys tried kanguroo meat, for the disgust of some on the table.

On Sunday met again, this time on a more conventional restaurant, but it was almost touch and go, as they had already tickets for a film starting in around 50 mins, so you can imagine how quick was eating dinner.

On Monday, my first holiday day, went all over Barcelona, it brought back nice memories from the last time I stayed for 2 months. Barcelona is indeed unique and it's a continuous delight. But I guess all that airconditioned at the Fair gave me a bug and felt a bit sick, so didn't go out at night and tried to stay awake in bed watching the Oscars. Obviously I didn't remain awake for long... Next day was more or less the same walk around town and back to the airport, where the delays on the flights to and fro Barcelona are everyday's bread. Arrived around 10 pm at Madrid, right on time to watch Dr House.

It was cool! Barcelona rocks!

No comments: