Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Faringitis or really sore throat

Went to the doctor who told me I had a strep throat, although the name in spanish is more serious - faringitis!
My dear throat today has been aching, making itself hard to swallow and generally giving me a bad time. So much, that I left work early to come home, had a power nap (quite deep, apparentely, drugged as I was with the pills people kept giving me) and then off to the doctor.
I am home on my stripped pyjamas, wearing a soft woolie cardigan and a scarf, although it's 27c outside. You can imagine how I feel. The problem is that we are driving to Portugal on Friday and I must feel fine, as it's something like 7 hours drive and basically the lady here driving. I'm skipping the summer party of work - oh, what a shame, dear! - so I must feel great by then! Going home for the weekend, especially if I'm driving, is always a mega operation, as everything goes so quickly and there's no time to relax, between catching up with the folks, friends and basically adapting to your old small bed... But driving this time has a purpose, go and fetch mum and dad for them to take care of us until my holidays at the end of July.
The word makes me smile just writing it :), feel better already, yes sir!

1 comment:

VESPRADA said...

Thank you for the information on the sore throat...I know that it is over a year old, but thank you...The info helped quite a bit and now I know that I need to go to the doctor's...Well, take care... : )