Saturday, August 19, 2006

CEO of emotions

Not doing much anyway. I'm asked to think and I must admit that thinking, for me, comes second to doing. Sounds crazy? Yeah, I have that certificate, I passed on the crazy exam.
I usually have doubts about what to drink at the bar (taking ages before deciding between a Coke, coffee, tonic or...???), about what to read (oh my, so many books, which one to pick...???) and what to eat out (pizza, pasta, chicken, salmon, they all sound great...!!!). On other prosaic matters, like what to put on, what to buy, what to write, who to care for, what to listen, all those I put on the same bag of easy decisions. And note that not all are simple matters of this or that. What can I say? It's my instinct, my guts, that work for some things, maybe the more essential ones. Maybe my defense mechanism is also called upon, just for caution. Just to keep things under surveillance. It's its duty.
All this itch makes me daring, bold, maybe cheeky. Some people call it strenght, but I still have to think on that one. I believe on my intuition. I follow it, because as of now it took me to so many places, allowed me to meet so many people, also made me lonely sometimes, but the advantages are irrevocably heavier on the scales than the disadvantages.
Crabs (I'm Cancer) are called the CEOs of emotions. A bit over the top, but I don't fully disagree, as emotions do determine my motivation. Patience is not one of the virtues I excel at, therefore impatience is usually more of a frequent visitor and routine consistently bores me. I fail totally on that subject. Maybe aging will give me a softer shell. As of now, I indulge on being impatient. Believe it or not. Because it gives me the catalyst, the drive and kick which I feel I'm loosing by being installed in a routine.
So, if maybe sometimes I do a bit of side stepping, it's only congenital and justifiable :D

Hey, check this out. A proper candy. Perfect to illustrate my dissertation (sorry, in Portuguese).

No comments: