Monday, August 06, 2007

My ten wishes

I'd like to live when men were gentlemen and women were ladies, and everyone knew where they stood. Ideally, I'd like to be roused on a hammock on a tropical beach, where the sand is powder-white and the sea the deepest sapphire-blue, and I'd like to be a writer, writing something I always meant to write, and maybe changing the world forever; if I thought about it, I really need to go travelling much more than I do, with no strings, no visas, just the freedom to move and get away whenever I want, and sometimes I wish I could be an artist, messing around with media and materials, really doing something new. I'd like to make any plant flourish in any landscape, however derelict and however poisoned it may be, and it would be amazing to see the melancholy beauty, the perfect symetry of the Taj Mahal in India. Pets? I'd like a tiger you can cuddle and whose breath doesn't smell of yesterday's widbeast. Finally, I'd like to throw a beach party and maybe I'd invite some tango dancers to amaze us with their sensual moves...

No comments: