Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Interview # 2

She goes:

- Tell me a bit about yourself.

I start babbling....

She keeps her head down, reading the whole CV on the table. Meanwhile I keep babbling.

I finish.
She starts talking.

- Do you know for which position we are interviewing you?

I say that I've applied for 2, being one of them a bit optimistic, but nonetheless I tried, having in account I fit the profile.

She feels a bit unconfortable.

She says:

- We were thinking of an Assistant...(at this point I start winking unconditionally)...Buyer...( here, I stop winking and look around the crowded office packed with boxes of samples of Diesel jeans, Prada perfumes, Guess bikinis, D&G beach towels, Timberland t-shirts, and for a moment I thought it could be ok). But then she mentions the forbidden words: Excel sheets... I woke up and wanted to kill her for wasting my precious time!

- What? Nobody told me on the phone that I'd be sitting for this. I'm sorry, but I'm not interested.

- It was obviously a mistake, sorry about this. The positions you've applied for are already taken. And this one is clearly way below your experience and qualifications.

- Well right it is! You can have it for the next sucker. Not for me, thanks!!!!!!!

I honestly wanted to kill them! Luring me with diamonds (all that merchandise about, after all it's an internet outlet for highstreet brands) and then offering cheap glass! Arrrrgggh!
So, yes, it was another let down!

No comments: