Sunday, May 13, 2007

Golf mania


Yesterday, we went to the golf course in the posh area of Madrid. The intention was for me to try and learn it, as the guys are already almost professionals with their 13 club sets... So, there I was, learning all about the positions, the strikes, the clubs' range, the speed and direction of the balls. Basically, it was great, even though I had their gloves and clubs (all much too big for me). But learning with inadequate equipment is no news for me (skying, windsurfing, kitesurfing...all of these I dared to try and learn with equipment less than fit for me, but even so I went for it and when I finally got the right stuff, everything seemed much easier!).
At the end of the practice, after we knocked 3 whole baskets of balls, around 50 balls each, we were sore and tired. Today my shoulders hurt, but the feeling of shooting a ball across the grass across more than 80 meters, that's cool. My favourite clubs was nr 6 and nr 7. I have 11 more to practice with!

No comments: