Monday, April 02, 2007

Bla bla

The weather is crap, and I'm not talking about it for lack of subject. It matters indeed to know how's it going to be in the next few days, as holidays are just round the corner. It has rained on and off and it will stay like this till wednesday, exactly the day I'll drive to Portugal, so the forecast better be good!

Bichinho is all dirty, the front window is already showing usage of the wipers. The gas price has raised, just in time for the holidays, when They know we will need it! I'm also waiting for my insurance to tell me it's all right for me to go and change the license plate for free (on the other guy's expense) so that Bichinho looks perfect again, the vain thing!


Went to the movies last week and loved the film: Blood Diamond. I'm not a Dicaprio fan, but the truth is that the boy is getting damn good! He's quite convincing, looks included. The story makes you shiver, as it's what happens in Africa everyday without our knowledge. The more conscious you get about it, the more interesting the film becomes. It's a portrayed reality which was long due. The photography director is a Portuguese acclaimed guy who studied Art History and Archeology at Sorbonne. Eduardo Serra is his name and you may have seen it in the credits of "Girl with a Pearl Earring". (And yes, my patriotic vein shows once again...if we don't praise ourselves, who will? Nobody knows us, la la la...)

No comments: