Thursday, January 11, 2007

Vacations

Coming back to work has been hard, with so much stuff to do, so many things to think about at the same time, visits at home the same day I come back from holidays...Well, only today I think I'm gathering a bit more of my thoughts and myself.

As for the holidays, they were cool, any holidays are good, as long as we don't come to work, right? For the first time, I had a New Year's Eve without champagne or sultanas (as tradition obliges), but I had a great time. Met so many new people (it had been ages since I met so many new people at once) and was very welcomed over there at that turbulent yet beautiful part of our world. The thing about Lebanese, from what I aprehended is that they are very positive, optimistic and above all, resilient.
The fact there are tanks on literally every corner, barbed wire on major locations, soldiers with their M-16's (I took enough care to know this name) and hundreds of campers in front of the President's office Downtown, all these things going on and people still walk around as if nothing is happening. Of course there is tension, 2 years ago we didn't feel the same around town, but it's nice to see that life goes on, no matter what. And the sun set is quite nice, from that restaurant on the cliff...
I still have the pics to download, as I told you, no free time, lately. But I will post that pic of the sun set and you'll know what I mean :=)

No comments: