Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Catching up...

Yes, yes, I know...long time no see.
In a nutshell:

- spent an internetless week at home (coincidentely we changed operators a week before and that week was the transition, quite a good timing hey?) where days were slowly passing by, for my own comfort. It was also cold outside, so I managed to choose a good week to stay home alone. Nah, it was a bit boring, actually, given that I had a red eye and the prospect of going out wasn't tempting, especially in this country where the genre violence is the highest in Europe, maybe in the world, who knows?
Last year, 70 women were murdered by their partners or ex-partners and this year this figure is starting to grow - 3 so far, and it's only January.
Anyway, needless to say that I was happy not to go to work, although bored.

- then, it's the sales month, so one has to be active during this time of the year (that week at home set me back quite a bit!). Not that we bought a lot, but it's always good to have a look around.

- during the weekend, gave a dinner here, I cooked my best chilli con carne, and also went out on boring Sunday afternoon for a coffee and a muffin in 2 Chueca coffee shops, Isolée and Diurno. Met a new Portuguese girl, and talked about banalities, including my plans to buy a car for my own self.

- yesterday, went back to the gym, after that week's absence and it felt good. Tonight thought of going back, but dinner at Vips and then the viewing of Dr Rouse (Spanish interpretation of the famous doc) sound a bit better :)

- booked my flights to Barcelona to the end of next month, going Saturday and coming back on Tuesday. Would like to see my dear friend over there and enjoy 2 days of turism in that beautiful place (Saturday afternoon and part of Sunday are spent at Graphispac fair, poohh!)

- and now, excuse me, but going to bathe myself, it's my best moment of the day, coming back home and just relax....

PS - did I tell you we are going to stay in this flat, at the end? The landlord was understanding and was did 'rebajas' on the rent!!! Not that my persuasion didn't work, it's just that he likes us :)

No comments: