Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Catching up...

I guess I'm part of the 60% of workers who check jobsites whilst at work...
Besides showing a bad sign about people's attitudes at work, it also shows that many people aren't loyal to their companies, i.e., don't feel happy enough at their current jobs and are willing to take chances. I'm always willing to try new things, as once I learn how to deal with something I look for something new. I couldn't be a maintenance manager or something that'd involve routine as the main task (like in a production line), as I'd be out of that in a blink of an eye.
So, basically, I'm on the look out. If I see something interesting, I'll go for it. My Dad left a cool book about how to elaborate a decent CV and how to market ourselves efficientely, so when I'm done with the book, I'll translate my CV into Spanish and off I go! Full of confidence and taking it easy. You'll see me!

As for the promised sunset, have a look and think how the Phoenicians must have liked that spot! We were near Byblos, one of the most ancient known cities in the world, looking at the sunset. Nice, no?...



Other news: currently looking for a cheaper 2-bedroom flat and a cheap car... Talking about utopias, right? We have it more or less assumed it is a waste of time, as no landlord in Madrid rents one out for less than what I have now, given all the conditions and area. But, in case I won't keep this one I'm in now, we'll have to settle for something less exciting (no swimming-pool, no 24 hour doormen, no car park, no gym at the end of the street). I'm trying to sort a meeting with my landlord to somehow persuade him to let us stay for less than now...Uff, I guess I will need lots of convincing to do, as for him to slice 25€ off it was almost the end of the world, therefore an inmense task of persuasion is ahead of me... (Should I bake some cookies and stuff to sweeten his heart?)

The car, well, that will have to take a while, as I want to see as many as I can. After all, you're buying a commodity, something that you must trust upon and rely on, so I would like to be convinced I'm doing a good business. I'm inclined to buy semi-new, which is to say, less than 20.000 km used car, sometimes it's quite worth it, as the age of the car is usually quite low and the price is quite different as if I bought a 0 km car.... I'm quite ignorant of all car things, so I guess I will wait for a guy from work who's away, to come and advise me, as guys know best about these things...

2 comments:

izzolda said...

I also need to find a cheaper flat to live in...this one's too big and somewhat expensive (although it has the great advantage of being 2 minutes away from work).

What a beautiful sunset indeed! :)

Izi said...

Mine is too small and is ambigous: good for my work but bad for my sister's work (she is commuting around 1 hour each day!). I take around 20 mins max.

Izzolda, I cannot see your blog's posts! Do you know what's up with it?