Friday, December 15, 2006

Xmas party



Our Xmas party was yesterday.
We left the office on a bus direccion the karting circuit where we were going to race 100 laps in teams.
We had a light lunch at the kartdome, and after some drinks, fresher's singing Xmas carrols and distribution of symbolic presents (yes, that's what they must be called, I don't think a freebie from my company, namely a fleece sweater, is a proper Xmas gift! But that's gamble, our names were ruffled and that's what I got anyway!). Today we had the proper official present which is a wine kit box (our customers presents are better!).

Anyway, we were then set to train a bit and the adrenalin was high as we dressed up our red racing suits and helmets! We looked very professional, except for the shoes (it was a surprise party, therefore nobody knew what would be the appropriated clothes to wear. I had high heels on, which made me look weird, all sporty and helmeted on black stilletos, hihihihi).


Yes, it's me under that black hell of a helmet! Ali looks all professional, no? Like Ayrton!

I run 50 laps, tried my best, was hit several times on the laps, hit a few times on the laps (that was fun, coming from behind our boss and slam him against the rails!!!), did really good times on each lap (the best of my team!!!!) and had a great time in general. Loved the races.
We didn't end well, as one of my team had a bit of an accident and that delayed everything! I tried my best to compensate, but it was too late, it was a loner's last effort :)
Here's the big boss who ended up first (of course, he's the boss!), Ali's team ended up second and the macho boys third.


We then had a bit of a dance and more drinks and ended up the night singing flamenco songs on the bus home....oh Dear!

Today, we have a few missing, allegedly sick, and the ones here at the office are rather hurt (the karts kill, our arms and legs and back are hurting, it feels the karts run us over!!!). We got other presents coming in today and more Xmas cards, so the day isn't as bad as it might have looked in the morning, while dragging our ached bones out of the bed!

I have 4 bottles of Champagne, 3 boxes of chocolates, a wine set and 15 kg of oranges to take home. All in the public transportation... I think I will miss the gym for a few days, my ached body can't take any more tumbles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's ALL true, I'd say! Racing was cool, but dancing with your co-workers all those cheesy songs, ON A CIRCLE (I just hate dancing on a circle), that was the worse part of it! It's so embarrassing to see your bosses dancing (irrc!!), making air guitar, kicking the air, in some way it makes me feel ashamed.... but I think that's my problem. Ali.

Anonymous said...

Hola Ana, soy Lorena,la amiga de Pedro,quien por muy poquito no coincidio en Shanghai con vos. Queria desearte muy felices fiestas.Desde que P.comenzo su blog,comparti tambien al leer el tuyo. Y me encanta!
El viaje a China lo he vivido al igual que vos intesamente..es que tuvimos la suerte de tener un anfitrion de LUJO!! y lo bueno fue, que no termino cuando me volvi el viaje!! porque segui tus pasos a traves de tus post...bueniiisimos por cierto! Espero que algun dia nos conozcamos y podamos intercambiar fotos y algunas cañas...te mando un beso...y FELICES FIESTASSSS!!

Izi said...

Hola Lorena, beinvenida, pues me alegro que gustes de mi blog :)
A mí me encantó China, ha sido un viaje maravilloso y tienes razón al decir que tuvimos un anfitrión de lujo!
A ti también te deseo fiestas muy muy felices y espero conocerte pronto!
Besitos!