Saturday, December 02, 2006

Summary

1 - Thursday night went to see the Borat film. I don't even know where to start. This is very far from Ali G's racists comments. This crosses even more moral lines. I was defending the guy before, but after I watched this film, I'm actually a bit shocked, as it's humour with an edge. A dangerous edge where you don't know whether it's even appropriated to laugh. You know what I mean? It's pushing the envelope a bit too far, in my opinion.
It is funny, there are moments you just crack up, because you are either grossed out (like the naked scene) or because you are a bit ashamed (like in the scene with the Jews). Some scenes were indeed funny, but you are shocked the whole film through. I must say Sasha is really good and deserves what he got (being it the popularity or the spells). He makes fun out of certain groups and, although we know it's only a joke, it's still not political correct to say certain things in certain contexts.
I suggest you watch it just to know what is it and make up your own mind. My final verdict is that this film isn't funny, it's shocking most of all.

2 - The party. Well, I didn't win anything out of those 40 prizes they were giving away by lottery. Also, I was let down by my closest colleagues who didn't go and ended up with the 'other' colleagues, the ones I don't hang out with usually (I reconfirmed my opinion and I still won't hang out with them in the future, I just don't click). So, all in all, we stayed till 2 am and then I found an excuse not to join them afterwards - that would be that inch too much confratenization...

And today it's saturday, gotta start - finally - with Xmas shopping. Lately the bank account has been going through a very steep way down, I must rescue it before it totally crashes! Hopefully, after the 1st of January things will look better...financially. As for other things, they are good already! ;)

1 comment:

izzolda said...

1 - Still haven't managed to see it...
2 - I do hate it when people tell me they will (most certainly) do something and then they don't!

...I have to go shopping too, and the bad news is my bank account isn't very likely to improve before the end of January (which is when I will get my next salary!)