Friday, March 07, 2008

Here I go

Knowing me, deciding to go wasn't a big thing.
Of course I've accepted and am now in the middle of the process to know exactly when I'm moving to Brussels.
I went there last week and was quite well treated, in a successfull attempt to convince me that moving to the city would be so beneficial for me. They put me in a very nice hotel and my new boss took the day off for me. Our office is right at the center, sharing building with the Sheraton and facing the Hilton and the Crowne Plaza. Just across, a main shopping street. I liked the atmosphere, the place itself. And since the position they offered me is higher than my actual one, it didn't take long to decide to make this move. April/May should be.
Goodbye tapas, movida and splendid sun. Hello chocolate, beer and grey sky! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorte!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ana!
You might remember me vaguely: we "met" on Wissam's blog when he was in Sudan. I'm Vinciane, one of Antonio's friends, half-Belgian, half-Lebanese and living in Luxembourg. I followed with care you 'decision process', not wanting to influence you in any sense :-) But now that you've made up your mind, I can tell you that you'll probably enjoy Brussels! Ok, it's not as sunny as Madrid and the architecture is not great...but people are cool and you'll enjoy the good food, the relax and international livestyle, the "Thursday'eve". Brussels is an "easy place" to live in. As soon as there is a ray of sun, it actually looks a bit like a Spanish city: people stay outside all night long...I must confess that I miss it a lot (though I go back very often). Anyway, I'll be happy to help you to settle in if you want: i've plenty of great friends (including some of your fellow citizens!) and I'd be happy to make you feel home in Belgium.
Kind regards,
V (by the way: people call me "V"!)

Izi said...

Thanks Gonçalo and V!
I must have been some sort of wanderer in the past, as moving countries every so years is very appealing to me. Maybe because I haven't felt totally settled in those places yet!
Madrid was a nice experience, the weather and the party atmosphere are unique and will surely be missed. But, and although me and the Spaniards get along fine, I still feel that this is not the country I want to spend the rest of my life in.
So, decision taken, it's time to start looking for apartments, and once settled, look for friends!
Thanks for your offer, I might accept some help, closer to the moving date! That would be much appreciated!!!

Anonymous said...

Levei 4 países diferentes até decidir ficar mesmo por Lisboa... (até ver...) :)

Izi said...

Gonçalo, onde estiveste antes? Eu estive em Inglaterra, no Canadá, na Rep Checa, agora Espanha...
Vejo que pertencemos à mesma estirpe :)

Anonymous said...

A viver em França, Holanda, Suiça e UK... Na Suiça estava baseado em Amsterdão mas passei lá quase 9 meses ininterruptos...

Anonymous said...

Hola Ana...Muchos viajes pero cuando ARGENTINA...cuando Buenos Aires ? Te encantaraaaaa :) mucha suerte en la nueva etapa!! Besitos Lorena dsd Barcelona.