Sunday, September 30, 2007

Powerboats

The beach was fab, got 2 amazing beach days, those on which you spend the whole day laying at the sun and getting burnt...fast. I got my long awaited tan in 2 days! Now I'm finally proud, I look decent!


Saturday was a bit crap, but interesting enough as the Powerboats World Championship was happening in town and I love all the buzz, noise and atmosphere of these events. Noise was a big thing, as even listening to your loud music on your headphones, you could still hear every single vibration of these big boys on the water. We are talking LOUD. And since they were very close to the shoreline and the helis kept pursuing them, you can't say we had a quiet and relaxing beach day. But it was fun seeing these huge boats ripping the sea, flying almost. The helicopters also did a performance on the beach, touching almost the sea and spiraling up and down. All was really cool and I took plenty of pics which obviously have nothing to do with the pros you can find here. 'The Switch' was my favourite, as it glided fiercely in black. The 'King of Shaves' won the Evolution class though...

And the second leg of the Championship to be competed today was apparentely canceled due to strong winds...It seems that I came back to Madrid at the best time!

No comments: